Ever since I was a youngin’ I was obsessed with being Irish. My best friend was (and still is) Irish and I was always adamant that I had some Irish in me. I think it was the idea of having a whole day of celebrating the heritage with yummy food and green beer. Not to mention those adorable blonde hair, blue-eyed boys!
Well, fast-forward years later: I have my man (not 100% Irish) and I am watching my figure, so I had to to choose a different way to show my Irish pride. Best way I know how is via makeup, and sharing is caring, so I am going to show you how to create a fun makeup look for this weekend into Monday.
Palladio Beauty Baked Eye Shadow Trio in Green Forest – “Highly pigmented and easy to blend, these shimmery eyeshadows can be used dry for a natural glow, or wet, for a dramatic radiance.”
Palladio Eyeshadow Quad in Green to Go – “Enhance and intensify your eyes with 6 beautiful and highly-pigmented Eyeshadow Quads. Each color combination has been customized by a team of makeup artists, to suit both the sophisticated and ostentatious makeup lovers.”
Palladio Shadow & Liner Crayon in Olive – “A shimmery, 3-in-1 cosmetics must-have.” The best part about this liner is that it can be used as an eyeshadow, eyeliner or color-enhancing shadow base.
Glo – Minerals Precision Eye Pencil in Deep Olive – “An advanced mineral eyeliner formulation that glides on like silk and never runs.”
Crown Oval Shadow Brush
Hakuhodo Pointed Crease
Illamasqua Eyeshadow Brush
MAC Cosmetics 239 Brush
MAC Cosmetics 275 Brush
NARS Cosmetics Blush Brush
1. Use the Olive Shadow & Liner Crayon to outline the shape of the eye that you would like. It is not necessary for this to be neat, since we will then use the Hakuhodo Pointed Crease to blend out the harsh lines.
2. Use the goldish brown color in the quad as your crease color. I again used the Hakuhodo Pointed Crease brush in small sweeping motions.
3. Apply the lightest of the four colors in the quad in the inner corners of the eye using the MAC Cosmetics 275 Brush.
4. Then, take the lightest green color in the trio and apply it directly in the middle of the lid, using the MAC Cosmetics 239 Brush.
5. I then applied the darkest color in the quad into my crease, first with the Illamasqua Eyeshadow Brush. After that I blended it out with the Hakuhodo Pointed Crease Brush.
6. For my lower lash line, I used the Precision Eyeliner in Deep Olive in my inner rim and directly underneath my lash line. I smudged it out using the sponge tip on the opposite side.
7. I used my powders to set the liner. Starting from the inner, I applied the lightest color in the quad, then the lightest green in the trio directly under my iris and the darkest green in the trio on the outer color. Make sure they all blend together, creating an ombre effect.
8. Finish off the eyes with your favorite mascara.
9. I then created a flawless complexion and finished the look with my favorite blush from NARS Cosmetics in Orgasm.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Will any of you beauties be creating this green smoky eye this weekend?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
– Nicole Iannitti, Makeup Artist | Visit her website at www.eyelovecosmetics.com
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.