Allergy season is very much upon us and, unfortunately for many women, so is Allergy Face — the beauty challenges that accompany allergy symptoms. In fact, a recent survey from Zyrtec revealed that 96% of female allergy sufferers have experienced allergy-related beauty woes like a red nose, watery eyes or a puffy face.
What’s more, 50% of women with allergies have had to miss out on something meaningful, such as a party or date, because of Allergy Face. Two-thirds (66%) of women with allergies have felt ugly or unattractive for the same reason.
To help women combat these beauty blunders, Zyrtec beauty expert Rebekah George offers 6 tips to tackle Allergy Face:
1. Bold, beautiful brows: Take advantage of the big, bold brow trend, which allows you to go easy on eye makeup. Focus on shaping and penciling brows to help “wake up” your Allergy Face and distract from watery eyes.
Rebekah’s Recommendation: Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil ($23.00) and Brow Powder Duo ($23.00)! Just remember to apply your brow pencil or powder in light, feathery strokes so it looks more natural. If your brows are fair, choose a shade two shades darker; if brows are dark, choose a shade no more than two tones lighter.
2. Mask with metallic: To help reduce redness under your nose, opt for an on-trend, high-shine lipgloss in a copper or bronze color.
Rebekah’s Recommendation: Neutrogena MoistureShine Gloss ($7.99) in Copper Power
3. Opt for a gentler cleanse: At the end of each day, avoid rubbing skin that may already be irritated by a runny nose. Instead, look for gentle cleansers or makeup removers.
Rebekah’s Recommendation: Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser ($6.99)
4. Go dark to distract: Darker lashes can serve as a distraction to red eyes, so embrace the “wet eye” trend and apply a clear gel to give lashes a wet look. For extra definition, top with a coat of black mascara.
Rebekah’s Recommendation: You really can’t go wrong when selecting a clear gel mascara; they are pretty much fool-proof to apply, but be sure to wipe the wand off every time to prevent clumping the next application.
5. Embrace shimmery shadows: Use a cotton swab and dab a shimmery pearl shadow on the area between the bridge of your nose and eyes. The lighter shadow helps to brighten up your face.
Rebekah’s Recommendation: Neutrogena Crease Proof Eye Shadow ($8.49) in Forever Platinum
6. Au naturel and aglow: If your Allergy Face is really acting up, skip makeup altogether and apply a self-tanner for a fresh and healthy glow that lasts all day.
Rebekah’s Recommendation: St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse ($42.00)
About Rebekah George: Rebekah has been a national beauty, fashion, and healthy lifestyle expert for more than a decade, with appearances on The Today Show, Good Morning America, Inside Edition and The Doctors to name a few. She has held fashion and beauty editor titles for women’s magazines such as Redbook and Prevention and hosts a beauty show on TotalBeauty.com called Total Look.
Do any of you lovely ladies suffer from summer allergies? How do you counteract your Allergy Face? Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.