Let’s face it – side-butt is the new side-boob. Celebs quickly hopped on the trend and have been flaunting their perky derrières all over the red carpet. Fitness trainer and wellness expert, David Kirsch, shares his top 3 moves to tighten and tone for an enviable butt.
Sumo Lunge with Side Kicks (DK signature move)
1. Stand in a “sumo” position with your feet slightly wider than hip width, knees bent, and your body weight in your heels.
2. Take a large step sideways with your right leg, bringing your right knee in toward your chest and then over to the right in one continuous motion.
3. As soon as your right foot touches the ground, bring your knee back into your chest and complete a side kick, kicking your right heel out to the side into the stomach of an imaginary opponent (or jaw, if that imaginary person is height-compromised).
4. Lower your right leg to the floor into the sumo position. Squat down while sticking your butt out. Keep your knees just above (not in front of) your toes.
5. Spring up while thrusting your arms overhead. Land on your heels, rolling forward onto your toes. Repeat with a sumo lunge and side kick with your left leg and another frog jump. Continue alternating right to left until you have completed 10 lunges on each side and 20 frog jumps.
Platypus Walks (DK signature move)
1. Grab a medicine ball with both hands and extend your arms overhead. Squat in a sitting position with your knees aligned with your toes and your butt sticking back as far as you can get it.
2. Keep your core tight as you walk forward, pushing off through each heel. If you perform the move correctly, your butt and inner thighs will be on fire. Walk across the room in one direction and then reverse and walk backward. If your room is small, repeat crossing the room one time.
Bent Leg Deadlifts
1. Holding a body bar, dumbbells, medicine ball, or even a broomstick in a pinch, stand with your legs shoulder-width apart.
2. Bend forward, hinging at the waist. Keep your knees soft and back flat. Come back to starting position.
3. Make it easier: If you’re feeling shaky, hold the back of a chair or the edge of a table for balance.
4. Make it harder: If you’re feeling great, try lifting your alternate leg as you go down.
DIY Beauty Food Recipe: How To Make A Lavender Sea Salt + Shea Butter Body Scrub Using Natural Kitchen Ingredients
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Are you ready to get in shape this season? Will you give these workout moves a try?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.