Breaking into the beauty industry can be a challenge, but perseverance and guidance from those who have paved the way, can make it an exciting journey. With any industry, having a mentor can be extremely beneficial. The women honored at the CEW Top Talent Awards share the lessons they have learned.
CEW honored six future leaders who are making their mark on the beauty industry. Selected by CEW Board Members, these Honorees were recognized for their impressive performance, leadership potential, and the impact they’re making on their companies and the industry.
- Regina Baptista, Vice President, Marketing IT Cosmetics, taps into this piece of advice that she was given from her current boss “don’t ever let anyone dim your light. Always let it shine. Your expression and your thinking are unique and you can never let that special light be dimmed.”
- Tiffani Carter-Thompson, VP Global Communications, philosophy, stated that her sister once told her, “if you’re not scared of a new job, it’s not challenging enough. Don’t be afraid to take risks.”
- Liz Cavalieri, SVP Global Sales & Education, Laura Geller New York, learned from her mom, “don’t be in a rush to be the president of a company…work hard, stay focused and bottle up all that passion and you will persevere.”
- Dena Nilsen, Vice President North America Marketing, Aramis + Designer Fragrances says her mentor once told her “listen and learn” and contribute when you can add value. The thought is that you never know where your learning will come from.
- Alexandra Papaziann, FSVP, International Designer Collections, L’Oréal, states that her mentor once told her “have one new idea everyday for your business” never settle, always explore!
- Deborah Ross, Senior Director, Makeup Marketing, Dior North America says her mentor told her “don’t be afraid to take chances in your career. If you don’t know something, you can learn it.”
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using BeautyStat.com.
What is the best career advice you have received?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.