When it comes to beating those pesky breakouts, there are lots of acne products on the market to choose from. However, by narrowing down your options based on active ingredients, you might have an easier time finding the product that’s right for you. Whether it’s salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, we’ve picked 6 amazing products that you’ll totally want to start the new year off right with.
Period Skin! Dr. Rodan Tells Us How To Control, Treat, Prevent Hormonal/Adult Acne Breakouts, Flare-Ups
Sure there are lots of amazing acne-slaying serums available these days, but according to skin care expert and co-creator of Proactiv® Solution, Dr. Katie Rodan, consumers should usually be on the hunt for products containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, being that they help everything from acne lesions to unwanted inflammation. However, if you’re a bit confused deciding on which ingredient to pick, it’s always best to choose a product based on your individual skincare needs.
“Salicylic acid is crucial when it comes to clearing your pores, but benzoyl peroxide is the best acne bacteria killer ever discovered. It has proven to be more effective than topical antibiotics. And unlike topicals, there has never been a reported case of bacteria resistance to it,” Dr. Katie Rodan explains.
Although benzoyl peroxide is a popular ingredient in many skincare products, users with sensitive skin should be careful when starting to introduce the ingredient in their everyday routine.
“Benzoyl peroxide can be used starting at the age 13. Sensitive skin individuals or people with dry skin should start by using these products slowly, like once every other day for a week, then ramp up slowly. Doing this allows your skin time to properly accommodate to the product,” Dr. Rodan concludes.
To rev up your beauty arsenal come 2015, we’ve got 6 acne favorites we can’t stop raving out. From blemish-busting pads to spot-correcting treatments, choose any of these salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide goodies for a zit-zapping fix.
Salicylic Acid Product Picks!
1. Vichy Normaderm Total Mat: Beat oily shine and unwanted breakouts with this easy-to-use mattifier, which employs salicylic acid to keep your face clean and clear.
2. Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser: When it comes to acne, prevention is key. And with this deep cleanser, formulated with salicylic acid and aloe vera gel, say good-bye to pesky inflammation in a flash.
3. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Blemish Patrol Pads: Banish blemishes and acne flare-ups easily with these blemish controlling pads, enriched with zit-slaying salicylic acid and witch hazel.
Benzoyl Peroxide Product Picks!
4. Bioelements Breakout Control: For that humongous zit that doesn’t seem to go away, apply this light and hydrating product filled with benzoyl peroxide.
5. Dr. Lin Skin Care Acne Spot Corrector: Great for fading dark marks left behind from past breakouts, this benzoyl peroxide spot corrector works overtime to kill acne-existing bacteria.
6. X Out Wash Treatment: For that daily wash, try this benzoyl peroxide cleanser. Smooth beads exfoliate dead skin cells and a unique moisturizing complex protects and soothes skin. You can even use it as a mask or spot treatment.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Are you beauties experiencing any holiday breakouts this season? Will you be choosing a benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid treatment?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat! #bstat
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.