Even though summer is just about ready to call it quits, finding the perfect deodorant is a challenge we face all year long. And when in the search for the perfect formula, either our trusty tube fades too fast or the constant threat of toxic chemicals loom over our beauty-obsessed heads. So, to finally find that life-saving product, we’re rounding up our favorite non-toxic formulas (plus expert tips!) to keep you going odor-free throughout your workday.
The link of aluminum found in most deodorants to harming our health may still be inconclusive. But, according to the American Cancer Society, parabens and other estrogen-altering ingredients found in our favorite deodorants are often absorbed through the skin. So, if you find yourself wanting to skip out on the unpronounceable ingredients and try more healthier alternatives, Dr. Gervaise Gerstner offers a helpful tip on which ingredients to avoid.
“The link to hormone disruption and possible estrogen enhancing properties in deodorants is NOT definitive. But if one wants to be uber-cautious, why not try organic products? If one wants to avoid any questionable ingredients in their deodorants, be sure to find products without parabens and aluminum formations,” says Dr. Gerstner, a board certified cosmetic & medical dermatologist in New York City.
Need to do some serious deodorant shopping? Not to worry. We got 12 healthy deodorants for you to test out for yourself. Whether you’re active or need that basic, everyday roll-on, there’s a deodorant stick for every personality below!
1. Ayelet Blissful Balance Deodorant: Made with natural vegetable proteins, banish bad oils with a harmonious blend of sweet orange, geranium and ylang ylang.
2. Nine Naturals Natural Unscented Pregnancy Deodorant: Totally safe for expecting mothers, this non-toxic beauty find soothes and wards of unwanted smells fast.
3. Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant: Available in a variety of refreshing scents, this aluminum-free deodorant lasts and lasts.
4. Dr. Hauschka Deodorant Fresh: Gentle on sensitive skin, enjoy this refreshing blend of uplifting citrus scents with each and every use.
5. LUSH Aromaco Deodorant: For a natural find that really works, this hybrid of chamomile vinegar and witch hazel leave your underarms fresh and dry all day long.
6. Aubrey Organics E Plus High C Roll-On Deodorant: A great gym bag staple, this Aubrey deodorant uses organic botanicals and skin soothers to beat that post-workout stench.
7. Jason Soothing Aloe Vera Deodorant Stick: Great for when you got bad razor burn, treat the damaged skin underneath your arms with calming and healing aloe.
8. Le Couvent Des Minimes Everyday Deodorent With Alum Stone: Not leaving a sticky residue behind, this lightweight and alcohol-free formula purifies the skin and wards off foul smells.
9. Kiss My Face Active Life Stick: Whether you have cardio or yoga on tap for the day, this natural botanical formula keeps you going all day long.
10. Tom’s Of Maine Original Deodorant Stick: Start your day off fresh with this handy deodorant stick that you can use at all times of the day.
11. Weleda Citrus Deodorant: Next time you’re in the locker room, squash body odors in their tracks with naturally disinfecting lemon oil.
12. Shorganics Eucalyptus Tea Tree Deodorant: Moisturizing while deodorizing, this multitasking deodorant stays put from morning till night.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Are you beauties mindful of your deodorant’s ingredients? What are some of your fave underarm odor-killers?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Courtney Leiva | Follow Courtney on Twitter @CourtneyLeiva
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.