The Curl Gurl went back to her roots – LITERALLY! Back in 2005, I worked at the New York Botanical Garden Education Department, and knowing that the AMOREPACIFIC event would take place there, I knew it would be nothing short of AMAZING!
I was invited to a first look at the NYBG Wild Medicine exhibit last month at The New York Botanical Garden, as well as sneak-peek at AMOREPACIFIC’s new product launches for fall (launching September 2013). Not even the heavy rain that day could dampen my mood.
I am a strong believer in sun/skin safety, and loved to hear that AMOREPACIFIC proudly supports the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, launching the Creating Beautiful Lives campaign to join the fight against skin cancer.
Evelyn strolling through the event
Since turning 36 in May, I plan to maintain my youthful appearance not just with my daily “2 gallons water and 9-hours of sleep” (seriously), but with top-of-the-line products. So, I’m on the prowl! I tested AMOREPACIFIC for about 6 weeks, giving my skin a break from other skincare regimens.
See what taking care of your skin can do!
For over 65 years, AMOREPACIFIC has introduced millions to their blends of the rarest and most potent Asian botanicals and cutting-edge technology. This global beauty philosophy emphasizes a holistic approach to skin health.
Anytime I am introduced to new products, I am more than honored (not just with haircare, but skincare). I am new to the AMOREPACIFIC line, but the raves I heard (and the looks I get when I say I’ve never used them before) are more than enough to pique my interest.
Just knowing that fresh botanicals and time-honored beauty traditions are at the basis of AMOREPACIFIC beauty products is good enough for me. The FIRST skincare company to use green tea extract, along with the finest quality ingredients, AMOREPACIFIC’s products combine Asia’s most powerful anti-aging and skin-renewing botanicals with advanced technology and science.
I hear many of my friends say that so many anti-aging products are “too expensive”, but I’ve learned that while some things are better at low-cost, one should not pinch pennies when it comes to maintaining a youthful appearance or restoring aged skin. AMOREPACIFIC is RENOWNED for the ability to “turn back the clock!” Also, these products smell so floral and enticing, just like the Botanical Garden!
Available Summer 2013:
For ALL SKIN TYPES, a daily defender with a built-in sun protector, clinically proven to provide a 360-degree long-term defense against skin aging, shielding skin from environmental aggressors. A powerful blend of green tea and mushroom extracts and AB-12 Complex inhibit your skin from accelerated aging.
How It Works:
Harmful environmental damage (such as cigarette smoke, ozone, UVB rays and carbon dioxide) activate AhR “Arylhydrocarbon Receptors” a.k.a your skin’s “aging antenna” — a natural defense mechanism. These receptors trigger inflammation; overstimulate your collagen production, which causes your skin to show signs of early aging such as: dryness, dullness, fine lines, redness and wrinkles! FUTURE RESPONSE is proven to deactivate the aging antenna by up to 104%.
• Future Response Complex: AMOREPACIFIC’s green tea and pine mushroom extracts, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and polysaccharides to control inflammation
• AB-12 Complex: 12 different Asian botanicals work together to fight the symptoms of aging, while improving skin’s moisture, resiliency, radiance, tone and firmness
• Cotton: Stimulates the production of keratin and eases irritation from external factors
• Palm Cactus: A variety from the Jeju Island stimulates the production of ceramides and boosts skin’s barrier function
• Ginger: Controls the degeneration of skin lipids
• Curcuma: An extract from turmeric controls the degeneration of skin protein and the glycosylation caused by aging
• Soybean: Controls skin damage caused by UV rays
• Rice: Retains moisture for lasting hydration
• Lagerstroemia Indica Flower: Stimulates blood circulation
• Iris: Slows the breakdown of collagen and elastin
• Lotus: Removes skin impurities
• Magnolia: Controls excessive pigmentation
• Pomegranate: Reinforces skin health
• Gotu Cola: Stimulates growth and migration of cells
NEW AMOREPACIFIC TIME RESPONSE Skin Renewal Mist ($90.00)
An age-defying facial spritz consisting of green tea stem cells, green tea Polyphenol EGCG and green tea saponin to refresh and rehydrate your skin. Collaborated with Dr. David Weitz Research Group at Harvard University, AMOREPACIFIC TIME RESPONSE Skin Renewal Mist eliminates dry surface cells and improves skin density.
TIME RESPONSE penetrates the skin’s surface to transport a veil of powerful antioxidant protection and anti-aging ingredients into the deepest layers of skin for over a 24-hour release period. It helps fight visible signs of aging, fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and sagging skin.
How To Use: Hold bottle six inches away from face, close eyes and mist 3-5 pumps. For all skin types, it can be used morning, evening and/or throughout the day to re-energize skin.
Available September 2013:
NEW AMOREPACIFIC ABC (All day Balancing Care) Serum ($200.00)
The first chronobiological skin treatment that works on a genetic level to synchronize and restore skin’s youthful function and appearance. ABC Serum is clinically proven to improve your skin’s texture, elasticity and wrinkles; it regulates and improves your skin’s natural renewal cycle.
AMOREPACIFIC ABC Serum contains Balancycle Complex (white birch sap, musk mallow extract) and an exclusive blend of 10 Asian Botanicals:
• Green Tea: Stimulates body’s own antioxidants to fight free-radical damage, which can delay aging from lifestyle and environmental factors
• Bamboo Sap: Used in lieu of water, provides immediate and long-lasting, intense moisture to skin
• Magnolia: Brightens skin and protects elastic fiber
• Pine Mushroom: Compared with common mushroom extracts, pine mushroom boosts superior antioxidant power to protect skin from external aggressors
• Papaya: A gentle enzyme that works to exfoliate the skin without causing irritation
• Ginseng: A potent antioxidant to prevent damage caused by environmental aggressors
How To Use: 1-2 pumps each morning and evening on cleansed skin
AMOREPACIFIC skincare is available at Sephora/Sephora.com, Neiman Marcus/neimanmarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman/bergdorfgoodman.com, Nordstrom/Nordstrom.com and the AmorePacific Beauty Gallery and Spa in NYC (114 Spring Street)
Are any of you beautynistas ready to turn back the clock? Have you tried AMOREPACIFIC skincare products before?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
– Evelyn Lugo
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.