During the traditional Earth Month of April, Kiehl’s Since 1851 reaffirms its environmental commitment with a month-long celebration of recycling, all to benefit Recycle Across America (RAA), the not-for-profit organization dedicated to delivering society-wide solutions for recycling that eliminate public confusion, stimulate the environmental economy and expedite progress.
This year, Kiehl’s will donate a total of $25,000 to RAA, which will help donate 33,000 standardized recycling labels to more than 325 K-12 schools throughout the country. Kiehl’s began working with RAA in 2012, and to date has donated standardized recycling labels to more than 5,000 schools nationwide, encouraging students to learn to recycle right and use those learnings in their day to day lives.
While Kiehl’s encourages recycling year-round with its Recycle and Be Rewarded program in our retail stores, through May 1, we will be offering additional incentives for Kiehl’s friends and family to recycle themselves, and encourage their friends and family to do so.
Here’s how it works:
- Through May 1, in any Kiehl’s freestanding store, for every empty Kiehl’s jar, bottle or tube recycled, Kiehl’s will donate $1 to Recycle Across America, up to $15,000.
- Through May 1 on Instagram, snap a pic of your Kiehl’s empties using #KiehlsEarthDay. For every post tagging @Kiehls and #KiehlsEarthDay Kiehl’s will donate to @recycleacrossamerica, up to $10,000.
- April 13-April 26: Spend $100 at Kiehl’s retail stores or Kiehls.com, and receive a reusable water bottle filled with 4 deluxe samples of your choice. On Kiehls.com, enter code EARTH at checkout.
This-and every-month, Kiehl’s encourages recycling in our stores with our Recycle and Be Rewarded initiative.
This ongoing program is available only in Kiehl’s free-standing stores, and allows our customers to return empty Kiehl’s bottles, tubes and jars for recycling, in exchange for product. Since 2009, Kiehl’s has recycled more than 3,300,000 empties!
How Recycle and Be Rewarded! works:
- Patrons are encouraged to be eco-conscious and return empty Kiehl’s bottles and tubes to any Kiehl’s store.
- Customers’ recycle count will be digitally tracked at Kiehl’s freestanding stores. Upon returning the 10th empty, the customers are rewarded for their recycling efforts by selecting a free item from the Official Kiehl’s Travel Collection.
- See more, and find a Kiehl’s store here: http://www.kiehls.com/recycle-and-be-rewarded
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Will you participate in this amazing cause with Kiehl’s and Recycle Across America?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Editor in Chief
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.