Summer is right around the corner and the time has come to stock up on those perennial must-haves. We took out all of the guesswork for you and compiled a list of the top ten summer essentials. Bonus: everything is under $10. Beat that recession, sun lovers!
1. Essie Nail Polish in “Need a Vacation“ (a bubble gum pink), $8
Set off your perfect pedi this season with a bright polish in a floral hue like this one from Essie. The name alone takes your mind to a place with white sandy beaches and bronzed cabana boys. *Sigh*
2. Aveeno Essential Moisture Lip Conditioner with SPF, $3.69 (drugstore.com; beauty insiders choice finalist)
Don’t forget to pucker up with some SPF love. This lip conditioner is made with oatmeal, jojoba and shea butter and will keep your lips ready for that inevitable summer fling.
3. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock $9.99
Waterproof, sweatproof and dermatologist tested, this sunblock delivers unbeatable UVA protection thanks to Helioplex. We love how it absorbs into skin leaving a light and clean feeling instead of that often greasy feel often left by sunblock.
5. Almay Smart Shade bronzer, $8.99 at Walgreens
6. Cover Girl Professional All in One Waterproof mascara, $4.89
Smudge proof, waterproof and under $5? It really doesn’t get any better than that.
This lotion will take care of that parched, “I’m dryer than an Arizona cactus” skin.
8. Cover Girl Smoothers tinted moisturizer, $7
Nothing is worse than seeing someone wearing way too much makeup when the temperature starts skyrocketing. For those who don’t take to going sans makeup, tinted moisturizer is here to rescue you. Lightweight coverage plus SPF leaves your skin flawless and ready to go from brunch to beach.
9. Ms. Pedicure Pedicure 101 9 piece set, $4.60 drugstore.com
Start summer off on the right foot by giving yourself a pedicure. We all know that no matter how rockin your bod looks in that bikini, it will seem like such a waste if at the end of those gorgeous gams are a pair of dry, cracked and callused feet. This 9 piece set from Ms. Pedicure gives you all the tools you need to put your best foot forward.
10. Tresemme Hot Oil treatment, $7.99
Sun damage happens to hair too. Try this hot oil treatment enriched with aloe weekly to add shine and softness all while giving your hair the UV protection it needs.