For the aspiring at-home hair colorist who’s looking to #slay this spring, Clairol Professional Celebrity Colorist Kiyah Wright shares tips for achieving either the platinum blond or brunette look at home.
PLATINUM BLOND HAIR
- Prep, prep, prep! “When going platinum blond, it’s important to have a clean base without any existing color as this will affect the color deposit. Start lightening the base by applying Clairol Professional 12AA liquid permanent color to the bottom portion of your hair. Let it sit until it gets to its beige, ashiest blonde, lifting the hair at least 10 levels.”
- Beware hot root “Apply the liquid permanent color to your roots only in the last 15mins. If you leave it any longer your roots will be lighter than the lower portion of your hair. Wash the color out after a total of 45 minutes. If you have virgin hair, apply the color a quarter inch away from the roots to prevent hot roots. The goal here is to get the hair to its palest, ashiest blonde”
- Finish “Now further highlight your hair using Clairol Professional BW2 powder extra lift with 20 volume. Let that sit for 30 minutes, until it’s to its palest blonde. It’s important to use color care products after any huge color change, so rinse and condition with Clairol Professional iThrive Color Vibrancy Shampoo and Conditioner. To maintain the icy platinum look use Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights products – it keeps blonds bright and eliminates brassy tones.”
- Simple 1-process “This season, I’ve loved the rich brunette tones we’ve seen on the red carpets. To get this look at home, start with a gold brown level 6GB from the Clairol Professional FLARE Collection. I love it because it keeps coloring to a one-step process and the tones are true to color.”
- Beware of tones “The gold gives the hair just enough warm tones to counteract any green tones that may appear when going extremely light to dark.
- Finish “If you want to finish this off with a gloss, Clairol Professional Radiance 7N is perfect because you go one shade lighter ensuring that the color doesn’t darken. This gives the hair the perfect amount of shine and neutral brown tones.”
All Clairol Professional products are available at Sally Beauty nationwide.
GIVEAWAY: Join #ShiftAShade Twitter Party With BeautyStat, Freebies4Mom, Alywalansky & actress Christina Hendricks! Preview, B/A Photos: Christina Hendricks Goes From Redhead to Blonde With Clairol Nice ‘n Easy Hair Color, In 45 Shades
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using BeautyStat.com.
Are you ready to change up your hair color this spring with Clairol?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.