Sarah Lucero, Stila Cosmetics‘ Global Director of Creative Artistry, for the Nicholas K S/S 2016 New York Fashion Week presentation, emphasized eyes with dark liner, leaving the face a pretty neutral.
“I used warm combinations of shadow under the eye keeping the colors rich, while shading the inner rim with onyx Kajal for a polished look.”
NARS created the look for the Tanya Taylor runway show. Uzo, NARS International Lead Makeup Stylist states, “The inspiration for the look was taken from Meryl Streep’s Danish baroness character from the film “Out of Africa” – which is loosely based on the beauty looks of European aristocrats who migrated to Africa in the 1920’s/30’s. The pink-lilac hues on the lips and cheeks combined with the cool, quintessential Tanya Taylor aesthetic of illuminated skin play off the beautiful prints in the collection.”
Get The Look:
Makeup: Makeup for the Ryan Roche show was created by Romy Soleimani for Beauty.com using bareMinerals.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Perfect blemishes using bareMinerals Bare Skin Complete Coverage Serum Concealers
2. To create this shade of shadow mix the bareMinerals Bare Skin Complete Coverage Serum Concealersin the darkest shades, bareMinerals Liner Shadow in Onyx, bareMinerals Pop of PassionLip Oil-Balm in Rose Passion and bareMinerals Pop of Passion Blush Balm in Natural Passion
3. Use a flat brush to blend the mixture and apply onto the lids. Lightly apply under the lower lash line, staying close to the lashes
4. Add a little more of the bareMinerals Liner Shadow in Onyx into the mixture and use a flat eyeshadow brush to blend softly onto the base of the top lash line, blending from inner to outer corner and lightly into the outer “v” just before the crease. Also add lightly under the lower lash line
5. Press a little more of the bareMinerals Pop of PassionLip Oil-Balm in Rose Passion and bareMinerals Pop of Passion Blush Balm in Natural Passion onto the lid and lightly under lower lash line.
6. Finish with a dab of Jurlique Rose Love Balm onto the lids, in the inner corners of the eyes and on the tops of the cheek bones.
Dominique Samuel from Maybelline New York created a dewy, fresh-faced look accentuated by full brows and gentle contouring for the Wes Gordon show.
Yadim from Maybelline New York created a youthful and fresh look with a “barely made up” finish, punctuated with a bold and modern strained red lip in what he calls “Wu Red“ — a blend of Maybelline lip shades uniquely combined for the Jason Wu SS16 show.
Diane Kendal for NARS Cosmetics created the look for the Alexander Wang runway show.
“For this collection, Alex wanted to go back to the feeling and style of when he started, which was quite street. The beauty is raw, the girls are meant to kind of look as they are, with a little bit of grooming but nothing ‘done’.”
Lightly groomed and brushed up
NARS also created the look for the Thakoon Spring/Summer 2016 runway show. The look, “Effortless beauty – natural, healthy and glowing.”
NARSskin Aqua Gel Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer
NARSskin Total Replenishing Eye Cream
Velvet Matte Skin Tint (New for Spring 2016; for now try Radiant Creamy Concealer and Pressed Powder)
Triple X Lip Gloss (on eyelids)
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Do you love these minimalist makeup looks for Spring and Summer?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Managing Editor
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.