Clinique’s NEW Superdefense SPF 20 Age Defense Eye Cream is the perfect partner to Clinique’s NEW Superdefense SPF 20 Daily Defense Moisturizer. Together they are an advanced age prevention daily duo that helps protect and prevent the early signs of aging.
While delivering protection from UV damage and other agers, this hydrating eye cream provides comfort and instant brightening. NEW Superdefense SPF 20 Age Defense Eye Cream helps protect the appearance of the delicate eye area from the internal and external factors that cause premature aging:
• An all-physical, broad-spectrum sunscreen with 3:1 UVB/UVA protection
• All-day hydrators to build a strong moisture barrier against irritants
• A repair complex to help fade the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
• A sheer luminous tint to instantly brighten tired, stressed eyes
The eye area is the most vulnerable to aging and the most sensitive to sun protection. Clinique researchers spent 4 years perfecting a sun protection formula that would be comfortable enough to wear every day. Superdefense SPF 20 Age Defense Eye Cream features titanium dioxide, a super-gentle physical sunscreen that helps provide protection from both UVA and UVB rays even for sensitive skins.
• Sea whip extract , caffeine and algae extract work together to protect the skin from the visible damaging effects of irritation.
• Patented Skin Signaling Repair Technology supplies sodium ribonucleic acid (RNA fragments) to the skin, which encourages and activates skin’s natural repair process to “clean up” damage.
• Micrococcus lysate, a repair enzyme derived from yeast, has been found to help support skin’s natural repair function.
• Padina pavonica extract helps to strengthen skin’s barrier, so it is better able to resist external stresses and helps prevent the first signs of aging.
• Siegesbeckia orientalis extract, extracted from the leaves of a plant grown in Madagascar, works to help maintain natural collagen.
Consistently keeping skin’s hydration in balance strengthens its moisture barrier function to help skin better defend against external assaults. Naturally derived in the Amazon, astrocaryum murumuru butter helps maintain the integrity of the barrier structure of skin.
With continued use, skin becomes stronger and better able to resist external stress and the visible first signs of skin damage. Trehalose helps rehydrate skin cells while sodium hyaluronate, a potent humectant, attracts and binds moisture to the surface of dry skin for instant comfort.
NEW Superdefense SPF 20 Age Defense Eye Cream is oil-free, non-acnegenic, dermatologist tested and ophthalmologist tested, making it suitable for all skin types. Apply in the morning by gently patting a small amount of cream onto the skin under the eyes and from the crease to brow bone. This silky, soft cream absorbs quickly and easily into skin and has a sheer, luminous tint that instantly brightens eyes.
NEW Clinique Superdefense SPF 20 Age Defense Eye Cream will be available in January 2014 at Clinique counters nationwide and at www.clinique.com for a suggested retail price of $39.50.
Cosmetic Chemist Assessment:
What I like about this eye cream is that it offers a holistic approach to protection. Not only does it contain broad-spectrum, sheer physical sunscreen to protect the skin from the sun’s rays, but it also helps repair past damage as well as give the eye area a hydrating glow.
*Photos Courtesy of Linda Farwell of www.farwellphotography.com
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Are you looking for a new eye cream that protects and brightens?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
– Ron Robinson, cosmetic chemist and founder of BeautyStat.com
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.