Founder Gloria Noto has had extensive experience as a makeup artist and fine artist. She sought to develop products that reflected the changes she wanted to see and wanted her company to have a philanthrophic edge. For that reason, sales of her Agender Oil help to provide support for those in need, the arts, and equality.
Deep Serum promises to brighten and protect with hydration rich, age managing elements that penetrate skin and senses. Great for all skin types including: sensitive, dry, acne prone, oily, or combo. It can be used both AM + PM on your face, neck, and top of hands. Deep Serum can replace your normal moisturizer or may be added to it, for extra hydration benefits. It can also be applied to the lip area or layered onto skin at night for a restorative treatment.
- Marula, vitamin C, tocopherol (vitamin E), phenolic compounds, essential amino acids and flavonoids that help cells renew, essential fatty acids
- Omega 9 – oleic and Omega 6 – linoleic, that deepy hydrate and reduce redness
- Rosehip Seed – anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, nourishing
- Grapeseed – moisturizing, anti-aging
- Sea Buckthorn – high in vitamin C, tissue healing, radio-protective benefits, wrinkle reducing
- Wild Carrot – cell rejuvenation, vitamin A, acne healing, moisturizing
- Grapefruit Oil – vitamin C, antiseptic, disinfectant
- Caffeine Crystals – skin tightening, awakening
I’m a big fan of serums so I was looking forward to trying this. I applied it at night, when I typically use a serum, and was immediately struck by the intoxicating orange-infused scent. It was fresh, yet rich, and very appealing. The serum itself absorbed well and left my skin so soft and fresh the next day. Using this is like a mini-spa; just love it!
Moisture rich organic hemp oil is mixed with the smokey strong vetiver and sweet lavender to create the perfect harmony and nutrient dense treatment. The product can be used on legs, face, head, body, and hair. It also makes a great massage oil.
- Organic Hemp Oil – rich in omega fatty acids that promote hair growth
- Vetiver – anti-inflammatory, smokey scent
- Lavender – calming, soft scent
Agender Oil is NOTO’s first non-profit product. 100% of the profits will go towards rotating organizations such as Planned Parenthood, the LGBT Youth Center, the Women’s Center DTLA, etc. In addition, this product will act as a conduit to support activism and awareness via events, fundraising, media, and more.
I used this oil on my legs, elbows, and arms. I have to say that the smokey scent did not appeal to me. I found it kind of acrid and unpleasant. The oil itself was restorative and softening. However, I would prefer a product with a different fragrance.
This toning mist is said to awaken thirsty and tired skin, hair, and senses with the unique smell that basil and ylang ylang offers. The essential oils are thought to soften the skin or hair, while the rose water witch hazel will soothe and tone. The mist can be used as a light moisturizer or to complement other products, and it can be sprayed on the face, under arms, neck, and hair. Putting it in the refrigerator will enhance its cooling and freshening effects.
- Distilled Rose Water – calming, hydrating
- Organic Yarrow Extract – purifying, calming, wound healing
- Organic Basil Essential Oil – opens lung and nose passageways
- Ylang Ylang Oil – mood lifter, antiseptic, aphrodisiac
- German (blue) Chamomile – high azulene content, calming, anti-inflammatory, sebum restorative
- Witch Hazel – antiseptic, antibacterial
- Lavender – calming
- Water – hydrating
I used the product after a long, hectic day when I was heading out again for the evening but didn’t have time for a shower. The spray was cool, refreshing, and invigorating. I really liked the feeling. I think it will be even more useful in the warmer months!
Rooted Oil was the first piece that launched the NOTO collection, and its been described as a moisture rich uni-sexy scent for skin and hair and a modern take on the shamanistic smell of burning palo santo and other oils of nature. Deep undertones of smoke, wood, and earth, as well as hints of bergamot and cardamom give this scent layers of grounding. With a base of argan oil, it also acts as a nourishing hair oil. The oil can be applied to the ends or roots of hair, under the arms, the wrists, and the temples.
- Palo Santo – natural purifier, concentration, gounding, mood lifter
- Somalian Frankincense – antiseptic, healing, anti-aging, protection
- Haitian Vetiver – calming, cooling, grounding, centering
- Madagascar Black Pepper – sensuality, mind stimulating + clearing
- Cedarwood – toxin remover, soothing, optimism enhancing
- Labdanum Absolute – mind calming, anti-aging, grounding
- Fractionated Coconut Oil – nourishing, hydrating
- Cardamom – aphrodisiac, uplifting, antiseptic, camphorous
- Fir – antiseptic, soothing
- Birch Tar – astringent, comforting, relaxing
- Bergamot – antiseptic, antidepressant, disinfectant
- Argan Oil – high in vitamins A and E, nourishing, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory
I tried this on my arms, legs, elbows, and heels. It was definitely effective but I found the scent particularly unpleasant.
This product is designed to exfoliate, cleanse, and polish the skin. It’s best used twice weekly and after use, it is important to protect the skin since its use can leave the skin sensitive towards the sun.
- Walnut Shell Powder – fine exfoliant
- Organic Aloe Leaf Juice – heals and calms skin
- Blood Orange Oil – antiseptic, anti-inflammatory
- Decyl Glucoside – sugar-derived ingredient used as a gentle detergent and cleansing agent
- Lauryl Glucoside – cleansing agent
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine – cleansing agent
- Glycerin – locks in moisture
- Organic Lavender Flower Water – anti-bacterial, toning
- Organic Jojoba Seed Oil – penetrates deeply into skin giving a nourished, healthy glow
- Rosehip Seed Oil – full of vitamins, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids that heal skin
- Roman Chamomile Flower Water – skin soothing
- Glycolic Acid – a type of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that can act as a water-binding agent and exfoliate
- Malic Acid – an AHA ingredient derived from unripe fruit and acts an as exfoliate
- Peppermint Oil – disinfectant qualities, cooling agent
- Phenoxyethanol – disinfectant
- Tartaric Acid – antioxidant properties and is an AHA
- Lactic Acid – hydrating properties and brightening of uneven skin
- Citric Acid – natural exfoliate
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein – improves moisture
- Provitamin B5 – moisturizing, soothing, healing
- Vitamin E – antioxidant rich
- Sunflower Seed Oil – replenishes and soothes skin
- Organic Oat Straw Extract – skin softener
- Organic White Willow Bark Extract – astringent, anti-inflammatory, soothing properties
- Tetrasodium EDTA – prevents microbial growth
- Xanathan Gum – skin hydrating and thickening agent
- Organic Alcohol – preservation, disinfectant
I scooped out a generous blob and applied it to wet skin in the shower. The water allowed the product to foam. I rubbed it on my face, back, and body. It has an interesting, earthy smell. The scrub felt terrific but I will say that it was also on the strong side. When I was finished, I saw that my skin was a little bit irritated. I discovered on round two that mixing it with water first made a difference, and applying a moisturizer afterward was also helpful. When using it on the body, it can be mixed with a liquid soap or body wash for a truly invigorating kind of clean.
You can purchase all products reviewed and mentioned on BeautyStat.com!
What will you be purchasing from NOTO?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Yona McDonough, Editor
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.