I’m forty-three, and last year I had one of the best times of my life attending the Fab Over 50 (FOF) event! I met the founder, Geri Brin, who welcomed me to this exciting beauty bash. New product launches, mini make-overs and hair trims were all part of the event and well known/celebrity makeup artists such as Sandy Linter, Sue Devitt and Paula Dorf, among others, were on hand giving clients tips on how to look their best.
I remember watching Mark Garrison cut attendees hair in amazement as he was fast and oh-so-good as each attendee left looking a bit brighter with big smiles were everywhere. I had my skin looked at under a microscope and saw how much sun damage I had done from previous “tanning” years, and had a doctor sit with me and recommend products to use from SkinCeuticals to help rebuild my skin. Everywhere I turned was a booth to learn something new regarding how to feel and look fabulous! This year Essie Weingarten, the founder of Essie Nail Polish, will be there as well as Sonja Morgan of Bravo‘s The Real Housewives of New York City, too! Many more gurus will be on hand so see below and also visit their helpful websites for more information. This is an annual event and not to be missed!
***For our very much appreciated and loyal Beautystat readers that can come join the Beauty Bash this Saturday at the Metropolitan Pavillion ( from 10 am to 7 pm located at 125 W. 18th Street ) please use code “beautystat” to receive $20 off of your ticket! Please visit their website for more details at www.FabCverFifty.com because with your e-ticket purchase it includes a lot more than just attending the Beauty Bash! Also note FOF WEEK is a week long event but the beauty bash is held at the Metrpolitan Pavillion for one day only, this Saturday, September 29th!
What FOF is: A week-long celebration exclusively for fab women over fifty. At this beauty bash, you’ll gather with the smartest, savviest and strongest players in the beauty, apparel and accessories businesses to get a first-hand beat on the products, procedures and people that keep us looking good. Then, you’ll hit the streets of NYC where the shops, salons and specialists who love FOFs will welcome you with exclusive experiences, offers, gifts, services and seminars.
Your e-ticket includes:
– Admission to FOF, a one-day event where you’ll enjoy:
– The chance to meet Bravo‘s Real Housewife Sonja Morgan and hear her speak about a life-changing new treatment she uses to combat the symptoms of peri-menopause and menopause.
– A live demo where you’ll watch as Geri gets a “FOFacelift” plus two FOFs will have the chance to win the same procedure worth $3,500.
– A personal meeting with Essie Weingarten, the stylish and dynamic guru of nail polish. You know her wonderful world of color, now let her tell you what color you should wear.
– Mini manis and nail consultations from the experts at Feline Day Spa and Bliss, as well as Essie‘s flagship store at the Samuel Shriqui Salon (where Essie personally has her own hair and nails done). Plus, giveaways you’ll surely want to take home.
– Mini brow makeovers by Hibba Kapil of Hibba Beauty, who will show you how to see your brows like you’ve never seen them before.
– A fashion show debuting a spectacular apparel collection by designer Marla Wynne, who really knows how to flatter FOFs. Some of the models will be the show-stopping women featured in Advanced Style, the new, must-have book from brilliant photographer, Ari Seth Cohen.
– A custom bra-fitting from Linda The Bra Lady, who will undoubtedly become your bosom buddy when you see how well your bras finally fit. And, an exclusive 20% discount for her premier Le Mystere collection. You’ll be able to buy on site!
– A gift bag brimming with prestige beauty booty
– One-on-one consults with a group of NY’s leading plastic surgeons, including Dr. LoTempio, Dr. Theodore Diktaban, Dr. Sharon Giese and Dr. Kevin Tehrani. Plus, fascinating presentations, live treatments, and incredible giveaways, including $1,500 worth of treatments.
– Hairapy sessions, plus styling and blow outs from the masters at Valery Joseph Salon.
– A 3-minute brightening peel that will give you a two-day glow, with Dr. Tracy Pfeifer, leading plastic surgeon.
– Diagnosis by Kerastase hair experts who will assess your hair using a special camera, then “prescribe” you the best in-salon treatment for your specific hair needs and send you off with samples of Elixir Ultime multi-purpose hair oil.
– A private hair consultation with Elline Surianello, who knows more about the problems of FOF hair–and how to remedy them–than anyone on the planet.
– Skin care and health: A full body skin analysis by Dr. Jessica Krant, leading New York City dermatologist.
– A sun-damage check, courtesy of SkinCeuticals.
– An up-close-and-personal look at a new laser treatment that finally banishes cellulite, by Dr. Theodore Diktaban, a doctor who teaches doctors.
– A half-hour session with Life-Stylist, Betsy Karp, where you’ll learn how your color choices can impact your mind, body and spirit.
– A fashion show of designer Mardi Oxenberg’s fabulous Tiana B dresses. And, the chance to win one of these divine creations.
– Meet Chief FOF Pundit, Barbara Hannah Grufferman, who will be signing copies of her bestselling book, The Best of Everything After 50.
– Mini facials and skin advice, courtesy of Clarisonic and expert aestheticians.
– Mini scalp massages from mind-body expert, Tammy Wise, and hand massages from Mary Kay.
– Pop up shops featuring jewelry and handbags to die for, from Isabelle K, Stella Flame, Catherine Canino, and other uber talented designers. And a great deal more!
An FOF Week Passport (e-mailed to you) will give you access to exclusive experiences, offers, gifts, services and seminars throughout NYC throughout the week. I am so excited to attend once again, so please look for me and say ‘hello!’ I’d love to meet you in person!
So, will I be seeing any of you lovely ladies at the event this Saturday? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
– Nicole Gordon Levine
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.