For Jenny Packham’s 2014 Bridal Collection, the designer sought mystical, lively hair as opposed to a traditional bridal updo. TRESemmé Stylist Jeanie Syfu created a look of ethereal elegance with voluminous curls and tremendous volume.
The romantic texture is soft and billowy, yet demands attention; it exudes purity and innocence in a modern way. To emphasize the intricate beading on the shoulders of each dress, longer hair was pinned into a faux bob, which was shaped by a special backcombing technique.
Jenny Packham Bridal ’14 How-To Steps:
1. Apply TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse liberally and blow-dry with a Mason Pearson brush.
2. Spray TRESemmé Platinum Strength Heat Protection Spray on each section to protect from high heat, and then curl hair with a smaller iron at nape, medium-sized barrel from the ears to crown and 1″ barrel iron on top.
4. Spray with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray for long-lasting volume and touchable hold.
*Please note, models wore various hair accessories from the designer’s collection
As always, Badgley Mischka Bridal for 2014 was inspired by the classic femme fatales of Hollywood — Bette, Joan, Rita, Ava, Grace — but fused with the nonchalance and ease of the French Riviera in the 1930’s.
Celebrity and runway stylist Felix Fischer for Moroccanoil created innovative bridal looks influenced by ‘70s textures and the angular bob shapes of the ‘20s.
The beautifully romantic looks emphasized small, volumized curls made modern by strong angles and lines of precision bobs. Cut shorter and higher in back, longer and on sides and top, the looks featured deep asymmetrical side part.
How The Look Was Created
1. “I started by preparing the ends of the hair with Moroccanoil Treatment.
2. To ensure as much height as possible, I sprayed new Moroccanoil Root Boost throughout the hair.
4. I then used a 7/8” curling iron, starting on the side part, and created small curls. I staggered and overlapped each alternate row and pinned them.
5. I sprayed the entire set with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong, for natural-looking and long-lasting hold.
6. Afterwards, I brushed out the hair with a new Moroccanoil Classic Boar Bristle Brush for volume. I used the bristles to lift up the hair to make it airier and give it more height and volume. I followed by smoothing the surface of the hair at the crown with a Moroccanoil Round Brush.
7. I finished with an overall spray of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong for added hold, then misted Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray on top of the hair to reflect the lights of the runway.”
What do you beauties think of these faux curly-haired bobs? Would you wear this style on your wedding day?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.