This year, the first full day of Hanukkah falls on the same day as Thanksgiving… a coincidence that hasn’t occurred since 1888! MARS the Salon is excited to celebrate this rare occurrence by creating some custom nail designs surrounding each of these holidays!
Located in the heart of Los Angeles, MARS the Salon specializes in Japanese nail art and owner, Hiroko Fujikawa, has created a few must-have looks including the Hooray for Hanukkah and the Give Thanks creations. Adorn each nail with a different look!
Hooray for Hanukkah
The Hooray for Hanukkah design features traditional emblems with a modern twist to get your nails in the holiday spirit. See below step-by-step instructions to create this look at home:
1. Apply base coat
2. Apply beige polish on all fingers
3. Paint a star on the pinky finger with a light blue polish, dark blue polish on the thumb and a green polish on the middle finger
4. Afterwards, draw the outer white lines around the stars
5. Paint a menorah on the index finger with a dark purple polish and with a light purple on the ring finger
6. Apply top coat
The Give Thanks nail design features fall colors in a geometric standout pattern that is sure to be the center of attention at any Thanksgiving bash! See below step-by-step instructions to create this look at home:
1. Apply base coat
2. Apply a white polish color on all fingers
3. Paint some zigzag lines with orange, green, brown, yellow, blue, khaki, beige and red color polishes
4. Apply top coat
Are you beauties excited about Thanksgivukkah? Will you be trying out any of these nail art designs?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.