It’s full-blown winter out there! And this cold air and harsh winds are doing major damage to our hair! We talked with British Celebrity Hairstylist, Mark Hill about how to keep our frigid locks looking their best until we thaw out.
We also got our resident Makeup Artist, Nicole Iannitti to try out some of Mark’s most popular hair products. See how Mark Hill’s haircare line worked for Nicole, and find out some key tips to keep your hair looking and feeling its best even when the temperature rises!
Boy, did Mark Hill products come to my hair rescue in the nick of time. I was fresh out of haircare products and my tresses needed some major loving! I was new to hearing about Mark Hill, so let me fill you in on who he is and how his products made my hair feel.
“Mark Hill is one of the defining influences on British hairdressing. Based in Yorkshire, Mark is still the only hairdresser outside London to have won the British Hairdresser of the Year Award twice, and is the only UK hairdresser to have ever won the prestigious International Hairdresser of the Year accolade twice in succession.”
“This 2 minute miraculous revitalizing argan oil hair treatment treatment quickly helps reconstruct hair in need of urgent repair. With its blend of pure essential oils and natural plant
extracts, including Moroccan Argan Oil, this super-rich formula helps infuse protein back into
weakened hair to leave it feeling stronger, looking healthier and shinier than you ever thought
My hair is extremely fine, and I was afraid that my hair was going to fall limp or look like I hadn’t washed it. I was very careful to follow the instructions, especially with the actual oil. I put half a pump in my palms and lightly grazed my dry ends. To my amazement, my hair looked beautiful! I still had fullness at my crown, but I no longer had those pesky flyaways.
This deliciously scented conditioner is made with moisturizing components that protect your
strands from heat and give off a silky shine. After washing your hair, squeeze out the excess water and coat your tresses. Leave the conditioner in for 3-minutes. I followed up my washing with the Magic Drops.
“This luxurious Repair Treatment gets to work from the moment it touches your hair, smoothing each strand. Its unique non-rinse formula is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals to make your hair healthier and stronger. After just one drop your hair will feel smoother, softer and shinier.”
I refer the yummy-smelling Magic Drops as Oh…So Smooth’s little sister, but that is only
because it is in a smaller bottle. It is always important to put on a protectant prior to adding any
heat to your hair.
Again, I was slightly weary of weighing down my hair. I put one tiny drop in my palm (2-3 if your hair is coarse) and ran my fingers through my hair, concentrating on the ends. I then finished by blow-drying and styling my hair as usual. I was very happy with these products, and I think my boyfriend was too because he immediately realized how soft my hair felt. He said it looked healthy and beautiful! Score!
· Treat your tresses — The first step to repairing dry hair is to make sure it is in great condition. Use a conditioning treatment at least once a week – some of my celeb clients actually pop on the treatment just before bed and rinse out really well in the morning – it leaves their hair feeling gorgeously silky and really shiny.
· Free yourself from frizz — Dry or frizzy hair lacks natural moisture, so it’s essential to put back as much as possible. The best way to do this is by using conditioner every time you shampoo and a conditioning treatment every week.
· You are what you eat — Dry, damaged hair lacks moisture, so you should increase your water intake to improve hydration; weak or brittle hair needs strength, so a protein food would be best. Choose a product which offers both strength and hydration.
· Healing properties of Moroccan Argan Oil — Certain oils such as Moroccan Argan Oil are well-known for their healing properties – just make sure you never overload your hair, a little is all you need applied directly to mid-lengths and ends.
· Use the right products — If you are using the right products and conditioning properly, it shouldn’t matter how many times you shampoo your hair. And always use a conditioner.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Have any of you beauties used Mark Hill hair products before? How do you keep your hair moisturized in the winter?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
– Nicole Iannitti, makeup artist | Visit her website at www.eyelovecosmetics.com
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.