TRESemme created some very stunning, head-turning looks that were seen at New York Fashion Week’s Spring/Summer 2020 event. The looks were created for Rebecca Minkoff, Christian Siriano, and Chromat. Today, we’re going to be giving you some tips from TRESemme Global Stylist, Justine Marjan, for Rebecca Minkoff and Chromat as well as TRESemme NYFW Stylist Odile Gilbert for Christian Siriano so that you can recreate these looks at home!
Before we get into the tutorials, TRESemme has aimed to make an impact this season that goes beyond styling. Women make up 70% of the fashion industry’s workforce, yet only 25% of its leadership positions. As TRESemme’s 23rd season as an official haircare sponsor of NYFW, TRESemme has launched its #WomenLeadTheWay Pledge; a commitment to help close the gender leadership gap in the fashion industry and beyond. You can read more about it here.
THE “POP OF COLOR READY TO WORK BUN” FROM REBECCA MINKOFF
Get The Look:
- Prep dry hair by spraying the TRESemme Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray Hold Level 4: Extend all over.
- Use fingers to create a messy, uneven part.
- Attach a colored hair extension just above the ear on one side.
- Use the ghd platinum + styler to create a bend on random pieces of hair if it’s too straight or without any texture.
- Spray the TRESemme Between Washes Volumizing Dry Shampoo at the roots and massage with fingers to distribute evenly for additional volume and body.
- Gather all hair with hands at the nape of the neck and twist into a loose bun.
- Secure with bobby pins leaving ends untucked from the bun for a messy look.
- Pull out face framing pieces and massage roots with fingers to add some texture and to accentuate the messy look.
- Finish by spraying TRESemme Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray Hold Level 4: Extend all over to secure the look.
THE “GIGI BRAID” FROM CHRISTIAN SIRIANO
Get The Look:
- Prep the hair with TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner for a smooth and sleek base.
- Spritz with TRESemme Kertain Smooth Heat Protect Spray and brush through.
- Add volume with TRESemme TRES Two Extra Hold Mousse at the roots of the hair.
- Blow dry with the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Professional Edition, turning the upside down for added texture.
- Using an elastic band, fasten a ponytail three quarters of the way up the head.
- Twist the hair into a loose braid without pulling too tightly to keep the texture and body.
- Fasten the end with another elastic and lock in the look with TRESemme Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray Level 1: Texture.
THE “BUBBLE PONY” & “SLICKED HIGH PONY” FROM CHROMAT
Stylist Tip: “This look is for a sporty, fun, and confident woman who isn’t afraid to play with her style and express her creative flare.” Odile Gilbert, TRESemme NYFW Stylist.
Get The Look BUBBLE PONY:
- Start by gathering a triangular section of hair at the front hairline and spray TRESemme Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray Hold Level 4: Extend at roots to create a strong foundation.
- Brush the section into a ponytail using a toothbrush.
- Tease the roots of the mini ponytail and spray TRESemme Between Washes Volumizing Dry Shampoo and massage throughout for added volume and brush over it to create a bubble-like shape.
- Clip the section away and create another triangular pony beneath the first and secure with an elastic.
- On the last loop of the elastic while securing, add the above bubble pony and secure with another elastic.
- Repeat throughout the length of the hair, and duplicate on the other side for a double bubble pony look, or just keep centered for one larger bubble pony.
- Use French pins and bobby pins to shape the bubbles throughout.
- Spray TRESemme Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray Hold Level 4: Extend onto a toothbrush to smooth flyaways on the sides of the head for hair outside of the bubbles.
Get The Look SLICKED HIGH PONY:
- Start by blow drying hair smooth by applying the TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shine Serum throughout the hair and using the ghd air hair dryer.
- Once hair is completely dry, clip away a front triangular section of hair on one side for the side bang swoop at the end.
- Flat iron the remaining sections of hair from roots to ends with the ghd platinum + styler.
- Gather the top section of the hair half-up and spray TRESemme Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray Hold Level 4: Extend at roots and brush into a high half-pony and secure with a snag-free elastic.
- Repeat on the remaining bottom section of hair and add it to the top half-up section and secure with another snag-free elastic creating one high pony and spray roots again with TRESemme Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray Hold Level 4: Extend.
- Release the clipped away section in the front and curl at the root toward the face using the ghd curve soft curl iron.
- Backbrush the roots and smooth with a smoothing brush to create a shelf-like swoop around the face.
- Spray TRESemme Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray Hold Level 4: Extend all over and use the ghd platinum + styler to shape the front section and straighten the ponytail if need be.
- Take a TRESemme Anti-Frizz Smoothing Sheet and glide it over hair beginning at the roots through the length of the ponytail to fight frizz and create a visibly smoother look.
You can purchase all products reviewed and mentioned on BeautyStat.com!
Which style is your favorite?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Dawn Santamarina, Managing Editor
You can follow Dawn on Instagram @missdawn1012
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.