Halloween is all about channeling your alter ego, and of course, cult British beauty brand Illamasqua has just the touch to get you in the spooky spirit… we’re talking nail art, of course! Illamasqua US Nail Art Ambassador Fleury Rose created three easy DIY nail art designs to get your talons ready for the most creative holiday there is. Featuring Illamasqua’s highly pigmented, long-wearing Nail Varnishes ($14.00), these designs will have you counting down the days to October 31st… one perfectly manicured finger at a time.
Illamasqua Products Used: Nail Varnish in Scorn, Scorch and Serenity (top coat optional)
Tools needed: Dotting tool, toothpick
1. After applying base coat, paint nails with two coats of Scorn black matte polish. Allow nails to dry for 3-5 minutes.
2. Pour out a small amount of Scorch onto tin foil. Dip the large end of a dotting tool into white polish and dot onto nail. Repeat step 3 times on each nail. Allow white dots to dry 3-5 minutes.
(Pro tip: If polish gets stringy, pour a fresh puddle of Scorn onto foil and continue process.)
3. Pour a small puddle of Serenity onto foil. With the small end of a dotting tool, dip into rubber blue polish and dot in the very center of each white circle. Repeat on each nail. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes
4. Dip the point of a toothpick into Scorn and gently dot a tiny black point into the center of each eye.
5. After drying add optional top coat for a shiny finish, or stay matte.
Vampire’s Kiss (pictured above)
Illamasqua Products Used: Nail Varnish in Aorta and Boosh, Precision ink in Scribe
Tools needed: Small brush
1. After applying base coat, paint nails with two coats of Aorta and let dry 3-5 minutes
2. Dip small brush in Boosh, and paint a tiny triangle at the top of the nail. This will create the bow of the lips.
3. Next, paint an oval shape in the center of the red nail to create the opening of the mouth.
4. Allow to dry for 5 minutes (Pro tip: Allowing polish to dry before drawing on nail is very important, or you may smudge the whole thing and ruin your design!)
5. Draw on fangs and lip, highlight with Precision Ink in Scribe. Precision Ink can be layered over itself to create desired opacity of white.
6. Allow Precision Ink to dry 3-5 minutes and apply Top Coat.
Illamasqua Products Used: Nail Varnish in Phallic, DWS, Scorch and Blow
Tools needed: Small brush, disposable makeup sponge
1. After applying Base Coat, apply one thick coat of Phallic. (Pro Tip: Do not worry about getting this layer completely even, it will add dimension to the sky we are creating!)
2. Allow this layer to dry 3-5 minutes. Dip the small brush in Blow and create a tiny crescent moon. Next dot on very tiny stars with the tip of the brush.
3. Allow to dry at least 5 minutes.
4. Pour out a small puddle of Scorch, then a small puddle of DWS next to it so they are touching.
5. Dip the corner of your makeup sponge into the polish so you get a little of each color on the sponge. Gently dab on clouds.
6. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes, and apply Top Coat.
What do you lovely ladies think of these spooky nail creations? Are you going to be trying them? Have any designs of your own? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.