Hourglass. One of the best new lines to come to my attention in the last ten years. Founder Carisa Janes has created some extraordinary products — from the packaging to the pigmentation and wearability factor, Hourglass is in a class by itself.
For Fall 2012, the latest and greatest product to hit the Hourglass shelves is Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick ($28.00) The first thing I always look at is packaging. This product has a sleek, bullet-like package. As you swivel open the product out comes a perfectly shaped applicator for the best application possible. Well, if the package is this awesome, I couldn’t wait to try the product itself! Matte lips are all the rage on the runways this year. I was blown away by the texture of this product: extremely lightweight, went on evenly and wears for hours and hours. This product is amazing! If you hate touching up your lips every few hours then this is the product for you.
Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick not only offers exceptional color and wearability, but provides many benefits as well:
– Proprietary blend of advanced polymers deliver intense vibrant color for up to 14-hours.
– Breathable film of intense pigment that instantly bonds to the lips and seals in moisture
– Cali fruit and goji berry extract offer anti-oxidant protection for the lips, while vitamin A, C and E nourish
– Creates a silky smooth texture on the lips while preventing moisture evaporation
– Free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates and lanolin
– Available in 9 shades from subtle rose to dramatic reds
For optimal wearability, Hourglass suggests to clean the lips of all oils and balms; allow to set for thirty seconds to one minute. You can purchase Hourglass at Barney’s NY, Bergdorf Goodman, Sephora, Sephora.com and Space NK
So, tell me… Are you going to be rocking a sophisticated, matte lip this fall season? Let us know by commenting below, which will automatically be posted to our Community Forum (click here to check it out!) where you can find other beauty related discussions! Don’t forget to also submit a photo to our Photo Of The Day (click here!) feature, where a new photo will be picked daily. Your photo just might be selected, so get going!
– Erin Sutera, senior writer and makeup artist
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.