Sir John, the pro who did Beyonce’s iconic Lemonade looks, recently broke down what it takes to get “woke up like this” flawless beauty.
His secret? Sir John calls it “the best translucent powder in the business” – MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder ($20, Sephora) – it’s his favorite because it works on all skin tones and doesn’t leave an ashy afterglow like others.
- Apply HD Microfinish Powder with a domed fluffy brush like MAKE UP FOR EVER’s Artisan Brush #160. The tapered tip allows control of product and provides an even application of powder.
- Less is more— a little goes a long way with the this powder. Apply to your brush then tap off excess powder, then press and roll your brush starting through the center of the face. Once powder has been applied, swipe clean brush across your face to ensure you don’t have any powder left behind on the skin.
- Set powder with MAKE UP FOR EVER’s Mist & Fix to create a dewy effect on the skin.
- Apply HD Microfinish Powder after lipstick to create a matte finish on the lips.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items on BeautyStat.com.
Have you tried Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Allycia Wilson, Editor in Chief
You can follow Allycia on Instagram and Twitter @lisalacquer
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.