Photo Courtesy of Diane Rankin’s Instagram, @deedeerankin! Make sure to follow!
We are just obsessed with the latest in beauty! And who better than to give us a sneak-peek at some of the most exciting cosmetic trends and innovative beauty products coming up this year than CEW.
As CEW prepares for its annual Beauty Awards (May 16th) and diligently vets each product, they were happy to share what they’ve uncovered. In preparation for this year’s 2014 CEW Finalist announcement (this Friday, April 4th), here’s the inside scoop on this year’s leading beauty innovations:
· Get Masked!: Masks and peels saw a 66% sales jump in prestige outlets in 2013 and helped meet consumers’ need for immediate results.
· Size Matters: The mass market was inundated with volume-driven mascaras in 2013, showing that thicker lashes are this years’ must-have.
· Anti-Aging Hair Care: Fighting the signs of aging moved from skin into hair care with creams, serums and even a color made with anti-aging formulas.
· Buzz Words: Gentle, Oil-Based, etc. This year exfoliation is taking a back seat to facial cleansers that treat skin gently. Oils, gentle gels and hydrating cleansers were the stars in 2013.
· Art Inspired Eyes: Beauty companies took an artistic cue by using tints, washes and pigments in their eye formulas in 2013.
· All About CC: CC Creams upped the ante in the alphabet soup of skincare with new tints, sticks and sprays.
· Color Returns to Lipcolor: Glosses and shines were overpowered by deep lip hues with rich, buildable staying power.
· Professional Lines: Products from industry experts are on an upswing, fueled by consumers seeking credibility from their beauty formulas. “Professionals” range from brands by doctors to items by beauty veterans.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Are you beauties excited about these beauty trends for 2014? Which ones are you excited about?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat! #bstat
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.