It’s been 51 years since her passing, but Marilyn Monroe is STILL as iconic as ever with her glamorous and undying spirit!
Marilyn Monroe is the new spokesperson for SexyHair, who will use Marilyn’s name and image in their upcoming advertising, online/in-store and public relations campaigns in a multi-year partnership, paying homage to the starlet’s timeless beauty.
My favorite Marilyn quote is: “If I’d observed all the rules, I’d never have got anywhere.” (So true, I can relate!) With its campaign tagline, “Styles change, sexy is FOREVER”, you now have two great icons merging: Marilyn Monroe and the brand that has brought us the “the big red can”. (Sexy Hair is the #1 hairspray brand in the US; one can is literally sold every 4 seconds!)
SexyHair is the fastest growing haircare brand in the salon industry. There was no better place to hold the partnership announcement (a ’50s Hollywood glamour soiree) than at The Oak Room in the Plaza Hotel.
Guests were treated to professional hair and makeup applications reminiscent of the ‘50s, with a jazz band jamming and BigSexyHair products sprinkled everywhere alongside life-sized pictures of the ever-stunning Marilyn Monroe!
Get These Hair Looks:
For the Victory Roll:
– Begin by sectioning out top of hair and applying Big Sexy Hair Powder Play Volumizing & Texturizing Powder ($15.95).
– Backcomb roots and then smooth out surface. Spray Big Sexy Hair Big Shine Shine Spray ($15.95) and roll hair to one side into a Victory Roll.
– Secure inside the roll with pins. Lightly dust Powder Play into back and side of hair.
– Gather together in back and roll into a French twist securing with hair pins.
– Spray Big Shine for added shine and smoothness. Finish with Big Sexy Hair Spray & Stay Intense Hold Hairspray ($17.95).
For the Pompadour:
– Spray hair with Style Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray Clay ($18.95) for volume and texture. Section out top profile and crown area.
– Gather sides and back into a French twist, securing with hair pins.
– Backcomb top and crown heavily. Using a pick, begin to shape pompadour on top, making sure to leave texture but hide backcombing.
– Use Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Touchable Weightless Hairspray ($17.95) to keep hair in place while building shape.
– Direct ends of top/crown section to the top of French twist and roll to one side into a pin curl. Secure with hair pins and finish with Big Sexy Hair Spray & Stay.
What is SexyHair? Founded in 1998 by Michael O’Rouke, hairstylist to stars such as Jennifer Lopez, Angie Harmon and Uma Thurman, SexyHair is headquartered in Chatsworth, California and is available in more than 45 countries, as well as over 60,000 licensed salons in the United States.
I had a great time meeting with reps of the brand and was flabbergasted at how many products there are. A massive brand with other lines such as: CurlySexyHair, StyleSexyHair, HealthySexyHair (soy line), StraightSexyHair and SilkySexyHair. (Stay tuned for more reviews, ESPECIALLY CurlySexyHair from me.)
The Vice President of Marketing, Jennifer Weiderman, said: “Not only is Marilyn the sexiest woman of all time, she is known for her self-expression and style.” I couldn’t agree more! Here is the BigSexyHair and StyleSexyHair lineup:
Matte Texturizing Paste ($17.95)
Shaping Crème ($17.95)
Play Dirty Dry Wax Spray ($18.95)
Blow It Up Volumizing Gel Foam ($17.95)
Root Pump Spray Mousse ($17.95)
Big Shine Shine Spray ($15.95)
What do you beauties think of Marilyn Monroe as the brand’s latest spokesperson? Are you fans of SexyHair products already? Which products do you use?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
– Evelyn Lugo
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.