Hey dolls, BeautyStat’s resident ‘Curl Gurl’ with HAIR TO SHARE is back! My mane and I needed a much needed break, so I’ve been testing my hair on both coasts (diehard LA/NY gal over here). Hands down, this NYC heat and humidity has made me go in to hiding, but I just had to emerge (can’t rock a bun forever!). A little over a month ago, I received more hair goodies, so let the reviews begin!
Urban Therapy reintroduced their Twisted Sista collection, featuring a new look, new ingredients and 3 new products; all free from sulfates, parabens, phthalates and mineral oil. Urban Therapy also uses powerful ingredients such as argan oil to soften and moisturize hair; green tea extract which protect hair from UV damage and lychee extract to reduce color fading – keeping hair shiny and vibrant. This new formula meets the needs of all hair types and textures: wavy, kinky or straight. I simply love the new packaging – totally caught my eye.
It’s no secret that my curly mane requires tons of hair gel, but this time I was just given the De-Frizz Conditioner. This bad boy DELIVERED! Instantly detangled and hydrated my tired tresses (let’s be real, I love the beach so much I must be part dolphin!). Basically, I was able to use any discount brand hair gel after using the Twisted Sista De-Frizz Conditioner. Another great ingredient: honey (yum, I love the smell of sweet honey!). This conditioned my hair exactly where I needed it, without leaving my roots greasy (a plus in my book, as my hair is so long and heavy my roots tend to droop).
You can find these products at any Walgreens, Target, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, Walmart or Harris Teeter. This line ranges in price from $4.95 – $5.95. You can also visit www.twistedsista.com for more info. This line includes the following products:
• NEW! Leave-in Conditioner (Detangler) – Super lightweight detangler instantly eliminates frizz while conditioning hair at the same time. The formula calms and controls troublesome ends, creating shinier, stronger, static-free hair.
• NEW! Straightening Thermal Perfector – Heat protector made with styling polymer, designed to improve the
smoothness of hair while delivering protection from heat styling to help eliminate frizz and lock in shine.
• NEW! Hot Curls Perfector – Formulated with Thermal Nanotechnology, this styling tool is designed to enhance
curls and waves and deliver style retention and frizz control while protecting hair from heat damage.
• De-Frizz Shampoo – For thirsty hair, this triple-action hydrating shampoo gently cleanses hair without drying and provides lightweight moisture while reducing breakage and frizz, leaving hair soft, silky and static-free.
• De-Frizz Conditioner – Made with hair-straightening panthenol to nourish and fortify, this conditioner is designed to deliver intensive conditioning where needed without leaving roots greasy. The formula contains honey to instantly de-tangle and feed moisture back into starved hair prone to frizz.
• Curl Activator – Formulated with lanolin and apricot kernel oil, this non-greasy cream moisturizer instantly activates curls while delivering volume, bounce and definition while eliminating fly-aways.
• 30 Second Curl Spray – Keep in your bag to refresh hair throughout the day – a hair boost in only 30 seconds! Made with vitamin E and naturally derived emollients, this lightweight spray revitalizes and revives definition and volume, holding curls in desired style while controlling frizz.
• Blow Drying Crème – Designed to control and straighten as it calms and relaxes hair, this crème creates new structure and shape, smoothing out frizzy, kinky and even curly hair. It prevents frizz and maintains style while providing a long-lasting, luminous shine, getting hair perfectly straight and sleek.
• Different Strokes Serum – For tough tangles and overall smoothing, this serum instantly eliminates frizz, locks in moisture, and blocks humidity to transform dull, dry frizzy hair into smooth, supple manageable hair. This finishing product contains a blend of silicones that improve hair combing and smooth and repair split ends.
So, what are some of your curly hair woes? What products do you use to get rid of that frizz? Let us know by commenting below! Make sure to check out our new Community Forum here! Your post will automatically go into our Community Forum where you’ll be able to find more topics to comment on. Enjoy!
– Evelyn Lugo
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.