The holidays are here! And what could be more festive than a gorgeous red pout? Fortunately, Laura Mercier has come to our rescue with seductive red hues in its Lip Transformer Trio (from the Holiday Colour Collection) that will make you a showstopper at your next Christmas party.
The color-coordinated trio of Ruby lip essentials gives you Laura’s signature red lip. The trio includes: Mini Lip Pencil in Ruby (0.025 oz/ 0.7g), Mini Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Red Amour (0.07 oz/ 2g) and a full-size Limited Edition Lip Glacé in Ruby Spark (0.15 oz/ 4.5g).
Lip Pencil in Ruby: I have used many a lip liner in my day, and Laura Mercier lip liners (hands down!) deliver the smoothest, easiest application! They glide on seamlessly with a velvety texture, the perfect primer for any lipstick. Ruby is a slightly darker red, almost burgundy. It looks great with any skintone, long-lasting and feels pleasant on the pout.
Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Red Amour: This perfectly red lip color delivers a cushion-y smooth application. Rock this red with a subdued eye at your next evening event and you will most certainly dazzle. The blue undertone makes teeth look their whitest and brightest. Be wary when trying to pass off this color during the day though. Due to its bright pigmentation, Red Amour may look harsh on women with pale skin. An olive or deeper skintone may be better suited for this color during the day.
1. Take your time when lining your lips — red isn’t as forgiving as nude or brown liners, so be sure to carefully line and don’t hesitate to start over.
2. Feel free to outline your lips just above your natural lip line with a concealer brush. You can fix any bleeding or uneven lines for the appearance of larger looking lips.
3. Nobody wants to get lipstick on her teeth or wine glass! So, as your final step, create an “O” shape with your mouth and insert your index finger into your mouth, making sure that only the inner part of your lips are touching your finger, and pull your finger out quickly. Also, be sure to lick the part of the glass where your lips will be touching it to avoid transfer.
4. When rocking a red lip it’s best to keep the rest of your make up simple to avoid looking like a drag queen. Keep the rest of your makeup simple, but, be sure to add some rouge to cheeks as red can often make you look a bit washed out.
You can purchase all reviewed and mentioned items using our site, www.BeautyStat.com!
Are you beauties ready to rock a red lip this holiday season?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to follow us on our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @BeautyStat! #bstat
– Yevgeniya Yelkina | Follow Yevy on Instagram at @yyelkina
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.