All Photos Courtesy of Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for TRESemmé
Hot off the heels of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim, TRESemmé has assembled the below trend report on hair trends spotted on the runways in Miami.
For the fourth consecutive season, TRESemmé returned as the official haircare sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim.
A new standard for beach and resort hair was set when TRESemmé Stylist Tyler Laswell sent awe-worthy hair down the runways at the Beach Bunny and Agua Bendita shows, proving that hair is and will continue to be seen as a fundamental piece of an overall look, no matter the occasion.
Paris Fashion Week A/W 13 highlighted some new hairstyles: Twists, Braids, Bouffants, Side Parts. See PHOTOS —> HERE!
Taking a look back at the hottest styles from the runways, Tyler forecasts three emerging trends: The Punk Undercut, The Sporty Pony and The Bold New Braid. Read on to learn how to transition these styles from the runway to everyday, and how to create these salon-worthy styles in the comfort of your own home.
The Punk Undercut
The embodiment of “fashion attitude” was prevalent on the runways this season in the form of the punk undercut, which is both beautiful and assertive.
Check out PHOTOS from the Tracy Reese Spring/Summer ’13 Collection which also rocked the PUNK UNDERCUT hairstyle as well. Learn how to create at home —> HERE!
The look that TRESemmé created for Agua Bendita had a punk influence – an embellished undercut style with beachy, bedhead-type texture. Combined with a bold, smoky eye and studded hair accessories, the style was both amatory and daring.
TRESemmé Stylist Tyler Laswell formed the style by following these steps:
1. Create a side part diagonally from the front of the hair to the nape of the neck on the opposite side, then dampen all of the hair with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray and TRESemmé TRES Mega Firm Control Gel to give hair long-lasting texture and hold.
2. To create the illusion of a shaved undercut, separate the smaller section into four parts and twist them to the end of the part towards the back of the head, creating a tight twist about 4-5 inches long.
3. Secure the twists with bobby pins and use a flatiron to create random bends in the hair, and rough it up with fingers for texture.
4. Lock in the style with TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Spray.
The Sporty Pony
No one rocked the pony quite like a ‘90s girl, the inspiration for many shows this season – super-sleek hair at the root with shiny, healthy hair swinging from a precise point high atop the head.
To create this chic ponytail:
1. Dampen roots with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray. Taking small sections, apply TRESemmé Keratin Infusing Smoothing Serum and TRES Mega Firm Control Gel to the roots.
2. Using a Mason Pearson Brush, gather hair into a high ponytail. To create stunning length, wrap hair extensions around the base of the ponytail and pin down.
3. Add texture to the base of the ponytail with TRESemmé Fresh Start Color Care Dry Shampoo.
The Bold New Braid
Drastic, powerful, statement-making braids were the focal point of the beauty looks this season, flaunting the hair as if it is a piece of art or an adornment rather than a decorative trimming.
To create this look:
1. Start by separating a rectangular section from the top of your hair and pin it out of the way, then dampen hair with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray.
2. Work TRESemmé TRES Mega Firm Control Gel through damp roots and brush the hair into a super-tight, high ponytail on top of the head.
Do you wear braids, ponytails and cornrows? Did you know that certain braided hairstyles can damage your hair? Find out how to reverse the damage & the best ways to wear your braids w/ expert tips from MATRIX Artistic Director Ammon Carver —> HERE!
3. Create a simple braid with the ponytail and wrap the end with extra long extensions (2-3 sets) until you reach the base. Unclip your top section and rough-dry quickly with your fingers to add texture and height at the roots.
4. To create the fishtail braid over top of your natural hair: first separate the hair into two sections. Pull a thin strand of hair from the outside left section and over the top of the left section and under the right section; repeat this step by pulling a thin strand of hair from the outside right section over the top of the right section and under the left section. Alternate sides, weaving hair until you reach the end of the entire ponytail.
5. Once the fishtail is complete, rough it up with your fingers and finish with TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Spray.
TRESemmé products are available at food, drug and mass market retailers nationwide. For professional styling tips, behind-the-scenes videos, advice and information to create gorgeous looks at home, visit: www.tresemme.com.
What do you beautynistas think of these hair looks for Spring/Summer 2014? Will you be wearing any of these hairstyles now?
Let us know by commenting below (you just might win a free sample)! Make sure to check out our Pinterest page by clicking HERE! And don’t forget to get the latest beauty and skincare news by following us on Twitter @BeautyStat!
For more giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.