If “Black” is the “New Black” then Clinique’s Fall 2011 collection is right on the money.
For the cooler months, Clinique reminds us that black doesn’t have to be quite so — dark. The iconic “The New Black” collection reintroduces the color that made the brand famous in 1971: Black Honey.
In 1989, Clinique reintroduced it as an Almost Lipstick and it was incredible to see what impact the color would have on legions of women. Now, for fall 2011, Black Honey is back — almost like the late Amy Winehouse’s unforgettable song. The New Black has several products in the collection and is suitable for all skin tones. Here’s what the collection entails– all shades are in Black Honey:
- Lipgloss/ Lipstick Duo ($20): swatched below. This is a dual-ended lip component that has two versions of Black Honey: one in the Almost Lipstick (which is a bit sticky, just like honey, and gives you a soft, dewy finish), and the Long Last Glosswear with SPF 15 with a high shine.
- Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad ($25.50): this shadow quad has deep colour pigments and textures;
- Gradient Powder Blusher ($29.50): this is a limited edition palette for a soft finish;
- High Impact Mascara ($14.50): this is available in Black;
- Brush-On Cream Liner ($15): A creamy gel liner that gives the precision of a liquid liner.
It’s really hard to photograph a dark lipgloss but you can see how deep it is
Clinique Black Honey Lipgloss
The lipstick is truly deep, deep honey black
Wearing zero lipgloss/lipstick: BEFORE
Wearing Black Honey Lipgloss with a smidgen of Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
My thoughts are — this ligloss/ lipstick looks far, far darker in the packaging than on the lips. In fact, don’t you think it looks like I’m wearing clear gloss? I guess I really expected it to be a tad darker, but I’m wondering if it changes on different lips and skin tones.
What is your experience with Black Honey? Like it or leave it? To read about Clinique’s brilliant partnership with Milly, click here.
– Charu Suri
For giveaways and contests, sign up for our newsletter HERE.
If you like this post, share it with your friends and give it a LIKE on Facebook.